Sample Ex Parte Application for Continuance of Trial Date for California
Sample Ex Parte Application for Continuance of Trial Date for California.
This sample ex-parte application for a continuance of trial date in California is filed pursuant to California Rule of Court 3.1332 on the grounds that good cause exits for a continuance including that,
- A party or their attorney is seriously ill,
- Essential witnesses are not available on the current trial date,and
- An inability to obtain essential testimony, documents or other material evidence.
The sample is 14 pages and includes,
- Brief instructions,
- Memorandum of points and authorities with citations to case law and statutory authority,
- Sample declaration, Sample declaration regarding notice of ex parte hearing, and
- Proposed order.
The author is an entrepreneur and retired litigation paralegal that worked in California and Federal litigation from January 1995 through September 2017 and has created over 300 sample legal documents for sale.
Note that the author is NOT an attorney and no guarantee or warranty is provided.